Favourite Red Lipsticks // Blogmas Day 5

Tuesday, December 05, 2017

Hello Lovelies! 



Welcome to Blogmas day 5! For today's post, I thought i'd do a beauty-related one but still have a Christmas theme and i'll be throwing a few of these in throughout the month. As beauty bloggers, we LOVE a good red lippie during the Christmas season, or whenever you fancy wearing one. I have four different red lippies that I reach for and they are basically my holy grail. In fact, i've been so obsessed with these four that I always forget to branch out and try out other high end and luxury brands! 

This one is the Australis VelourLips Matte Lip Cream in 'Ny-cee' and the shade is stunning. I remember when these first came out, they were all over youtube and blogs and I decided to get my hands on this particular shade because a lot had recommended it as a go-to red lip. These lip creams are quite chalky in consistency but not TOO chalky to the point where its annoying. I tend to reach for this one when I was a 'lighter' shade of red, during the day or if i'm just running out and have no time to do an intense red lip. 


The next one is probably in my top 2 favourites! It's the Too Faced Melted matte in the shade 'Lady Balls'. I actually received this as a gift for Christmas last year and instantly fell in love with the colour. It truly is a true red. Plus, it's so easy to apply and I don't find that it bleeds either. I think I actually wear this one the most out of the four i'll be showing because it's literally perfect, like, look at it! 


Okay, would this be a favourite red lippie post without a classic Mac product? I mean, how could you not include one though? They have a variety of reds available but the one i've stuck with over the years is their matte 'all fired up'; and it really is that, a fire red. I'm not sure if i'm doing something wrong but with all mac lipsticks, I find that they dry my lips out very quickly so I gravitate towards this one when my lips aren't dry af but when they are moisturised af. Either way, it's still a go-to shade! I don't know if they still sell this shade but they have similar ones here


Last but not least, the Maybelline Color Drama Lip Pencil in the shade 510 Red Essential. This one is also in my Top 2 go-to. I find that this is super easy to carry around and apply as it kind of acts as both a lip liner and lipstick. This shade is on the darker true red spectrum, but is still bold. Also, this product is so creamy (which I did not expect when I bought it) and not drying at all! It's not exactly matte, though but it's also not super glossy which I like. When i'm not feeling a matte lip, I grab this little gem. 



Well there you have it! My top 4 red lippies of choice. Four very different kinds of reds (even though they may look the same to the human eye) for different moods and days, as you can see in the swatches above. What I love about these is that they aren't too expensive and I would highly recommend any one of these if you are a beginner in makeup, aren't too confident with red lips, or are looking for a new red lip to try! 



Let me know if you own any of these and what your thoughts are one them! Also let me know what are your favourite red lippies, or if you have written a post about them, link me! 

That's all from me today, look out for Blogmas Day 6 tomorrow! 

Come follow me on my social media and i'll follow back x 

Angela 





You Might Also Like

0 comments