January Favourites // 2018

Tuesday, February 06, 2018

Hello Lovelies! 




Can you believe that it's already February? Although, I do feel like January went on for so long but also too quickly....is that even possible? 

Have you all stuck to your New Year resolutions because I have been doing well with mine! Well, more than I have any other year that is. I'm going to try and stick to monthly favourites, whether that's on my blog or on my youtube channel (spoiler alert coming soon) because it sort of gives me an excuse to try out new products each month hehe. 

I didn't have too many beauty favourites this month but there's a mix of beauty, skincare, fashion and one random thing! 

Beauty



My first beauty favourite is a primer that I've been loving. It's the L'oreal Paris Infallible Mattifying Base Primer - a winner in my books! In this Australian heat, I need something that will keep my face from melting off as soon as I walk out the door and something to keep my face from looking like a shiny mirror throughout the day; and this does the job. I was using the foundation that went with this for a while last year but found that it was too heavy? i'm not sure but I stopped using that....which brings me to my next product.



When it comes to foundation, I am super picky because let's be real....I don't really wanna pay more than $50 for a high end foundation when it's only going to break me out (I have to do my research before buying foundation). So, when I do find a good foundation that does everything right for me it feels like i've won the lottery lol! I've been loving the Rimmel London Lasting Finish Foundation because it stays on all day, doesn't get super oily and I only have to blot my face once or twice, I only need one layer AND it doesn't break me out! This paired with the L'oreal primer is a power duo and I would recommend it if you're looking for an affordable base.



This next favourite, it's actually my second bottle of it already - the CK one Shock 'for her'. I first started using this early 2015 or somewhere around that time and it was the only scent I ever wore for a long time. Then, I ran out of it and never got around to picking up another bottle because I tried out new perfumes. I did however, receive another bottle for Christmas and it reminded me how much I love this scent! So, since then I have used it again every single day. I would suggest picking this up if you're looking for a sweet  everyday scent on a budget! 




My next and last beauty favourite this month is this NYX micro eyebrow pencil. Now, when it comes to eyebrows I am more of a pomade or powder type of person and never really got into pencils as I could never make my brows look good when using one. However, I remember seeing a lot of people mention that this product was good so I picked it up. It took me a while to get the hang of using it (as you can see the writing has started to fade on the packaging) but I literally haven't used anything else on my brows except this for the entire month of January. Guess it just takes a good eyebrow pencil and some practice! 

Fashion


So, I am aware that almost everyone probably owns a pair of these classic old skool vans and have for a while...BUT, I only picked up mine towards the end of last year. I didn't wear them so much when I first got them because I lowkey struggled to style even though it's pretty simple to do so. This year though, i've worn them pretty much everywhere I can and I love them! 



Since it's currently the peak of summer here in Aus, and might I add, possibly one of the warmest summers we've ever experienced...I needed to find a clothing item that went with everything AND didn't warm me up too much. I picked up this crop top from a local store and I am obsessed. It's my most worn item since I bought it just because it's such a staple piece and goes with so many bottoms! It's thin, but not too thin and the square neck line is a trend I have always loved. I kind of want to go back and get the other colours that they had! 

Skin & Hair 



Since I put some colour into my hair last year i've been going through different brands of shampoo to keep my hair healthy, smooth and try to maintain the colour the way I like it. I used to use the OGX range before I got my hair done and I picked up this OGX B5 Shampoo and Conditioner to add moisture and vitamin to my hair. This has made my hair so soft and healthy (and smelling extra delicious) lately i'm very happy with it! 




To go with my haircare routine - I've also been using this coconut oil hair mask by Organik Botanik Australia once or twice a week and it has worked so well at keeping it smooth and luscious! Plus, how cute is the packaging right? 




From the same brand, i've also been using this charcoal face mask a few times a week. This is different from other charcoal face masks that i've used as in it's not as intense.....I think that's the right word. What i'm trying to say is that it's not a super thick chunky mask nor is it a peel off mask; it's also not as dark as other charcoal masks. It's much more smooth and honestly doesn't really feel like it does anything when it's on but soon after washing it off & the morning after, my face feels soooo smooth and fresh. 




My last skincare favourite is the Clinique 3-step kit for skin type 3 (combination/oily). I used to use Proactive and I feel like that does the job in getting rid of acne but since my face has cleared up and I just need to maintain that, as well as try and work on the scarring....I wanted to move on to a less intense skincare range. I've been using these products both morning and night for about a month now and have really seen a difference in the way my skin both looks and feels. It has also reduced the redness around my cheek area which has made me so much more comfortable with going bare-faced! 

Random




Dark chocolate and ice cream are like, the loves of my life basically and when I came across this DAIRY FREE (yes you read it right....dairy free!) dark chocolate ice-cream (sorbet consistency) I was all for it. I'm not vegan or lactose intolerant, but I try to stay away from dairy so you can imagine my joy when I found this. I suggest grabbing a tub for yourself if you share my love for dark chocolate because this stuff is delish! 


That's all from me today, i'll be back with another post soon! 

Come follow me or say hi on my social media if you'd like x 






You Might Also Like

0 comments