5 Wardrobe Essentials // The Basics

Friday, July 08, 2016

Hello Lovelies!


Here is my first actual blog post! I've chosen to list my 5 wardrobe essentials at the most basic level - Pieces that can create any number of outfits when paired with what you might already own or with each other.

When it comes to basic everyday wear, there are 5 items, I think, create a solid foundation for any outfit. These pieces can be styled in so many ways! Let's get started:

1. A comfortable pair of jeans

This for me, is the number one essential for any wardrobe. Jeans are a staple piece of clothing that can be paired with literally anything, and one pair of jeans goes a long way. When choosing jeans, it's important that you feel comfortable and happy with the way they look and feel on your body. Whether it be skinny jeans, mom jeans or a pair of boyfriend jeans...you choose the pair that's right for you! Personally, I can never have enough pairs of classic black skinny jeans. They are my absolute favourite and make my legs look so much longer! 

  2. T-shirt Dresses

T-shirts dresses are great. They're perfect for the days where you simply have no idea what to wear but you still want to look like you put the effort in. T-shirt dresses can be styled up or down depending on the occasion - they can be accessorised with necklaces, belts or even with a flannel around the waist!

 3. A pair of boots 

Owning a pair of Chelsea style boots is handy as they can add edge to an outfit or just make it look more put together - as a university student, these boots are a lifesaver and a must-have for walking around campus all day!

 4. Plain T-shirts

Plain T-shirts can be paired with everything from jeans to skirts, to shorts! Both tight fitting and loose casual styles are great for wearing on their own or layering when the weather gets cooler. These are just a few that I own - a classic navy blue, white and black.

 5. Denim Shorts 

Finally, I think everyone should have at least one pair of denim shorts in their closet if they are into wearing shorts! They are so easy to wear, especially in the warmer months. I always find myself wearing them when I go to the beach or if I'm looking for a more casual outfit. 


If you're in need of any of these staple items, check out places like asos, misguided, urban outfitters or boohoo!

That's all from me today!

Come follow me on my social media and don't be afraid to say hi! xx 

Angela  


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Great post doll!
    You and I definitely share the same staple pieces ❤️ Keep up the great work!!
    With love,
    S x
    www.shantelcassandra.com

    ReplyDelete